Wednesday, December 21, 2005

December at Covent Gardens, London


December at Covent Gardens, London
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Tonight I cropped this detail out of a picture from my visit to London, which was just about two years ago today. Mel met me at Heathrow and we spent a few days exploring London before heading north to Scotland to catch the ferry to Belfast. I really enjoyed London, and Covent Gardens was one of my favorite places. I am only a spectator when it comes to Christmas celebrations, but London offered an ideal view. At Covent Gardens, they were serving tiny mince pies and little cups of hot mulled wine, and at that point, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Charles Dickens appear in the crowd. It's hard to capture London in a photograph, but this image brings back some nice memories.

No comments: