Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Train Trip in the Rain (Boston to New York)


Train Trip in the Rain (Boston to New York)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

I took this picture with my phonecam a few weeks ago on the train, heading from Boston to New York to visit my aunt. It was pouring rain, but I was so happy to be making the trip that I didn't mind. Not that I had much of a chance to get wet. I walked out my back door, down the alley and around the fence to catch the commuter rail to Boston. At Boston's North Station, I caught the "T", and after a few stops on the Green Line, changed to the Red Line and arrived at South Station with enough time for coffee and a muffin before catching the Amtrak to NYC. By the time I arrived at New York Penn Station, it was sunny. Right in Penn Station, I caught the subway and rode uptown to the stop for my aunt's place, then got off and walked the three blocks to her new apartment. "That was so easy," I said when I saw her. "We're practically neighbors now! I only had to walk a few blocks to get here."

1 comment:

CiarĂ¡n said...

Wonderful photo Randi: a real moving image! I posted one from the same journey myself yesterday.