Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Porto Geometric Fantasy


Porto Geometric Fantasy
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

It's time for another picture of Portugal. This image began with a photo that I took on a visit to Porto two years ago. I remember being interested in the geometry of the composition, the strong lines of the church and the long diagonals of the building on the left. Tonight I edited the image. In the original photo, you can see a line of cars parked on the opposite side of the street, so I began by cropping those out. Then I opened the image in Painter IX and added some color with digital watercolor, for the most part using more intense versions of colors that were already present in the picture. I call this a fantasy because the image is digitally modified, but this is really the way Porto looks to me.

No comments: