Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bougainvillea in Aveiro, Portugal (Digitally Edited)


Bougainvillea in Aveiro, Portugal (Digitally Edited)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

How about another image from Portugal? I cropped this image out of a photo I took in Aveiro during a visit to Portugal in July, 2001. Portugal is an amazing mix of very old and very contemporary. Although the image might suggests an old world setting, in fact I cropped this out of a photo of a very modern shopping mall (called a "shopping" in Portuguese). This beautiful outdoor mall is adorned with bourgainvillea all along the roof line. I love the bougainvillea against the clear blue sky. But although the sky was blue in the original photo, it wasn't exactly clear! In fact, there were multiple guy wires visible against the sky. So I decided to use a little digital magic, opened the image in Painter IX, and made them disappear with digital airbrush.

No comments: