Monday, January 02, 2006

Loch Erne Ferry in Enniskillen Northern Ireland


Loch Erne Ferry in Enniskillen Northern Ireland
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Here's an image from a New Year's Day adventure that I had two years ago, during a trip to Northern Ireland. We spent the day in Enniskillen, where one of Mel's colleagues lives. He gave us a tour, driving the perimeter of Loch Erne, and then suggested a late afternoon lunch. The surprise was that lunch was on an island in the middle of Loch Erne, and that the only way to get there was on a very small ferry, big enough for just one car or in our case, three pedestrians. That's where I was when I took this photo. Tonight I cropped the original to improve the composition. I adjusted the lighting and saturation to re-capture the excitement of the day and the beautiful colors of the sky reflected in the water.

No comments: