Sunday, January 15, 2006

January Thaw at Long Hill Gardens


January Thaw at Long Hill Gardens
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

It is very cold and windy tonight, but earlier in the week we had a January thaw, several days with high temperatures in the fifties, and no snow on the ground. So we took advantage of the opportunity to go to Long Hill Gardens to walk the dogs. I grew up in Colorado, and am still surprised to see green in January here in Massachusetts: green grass and bright green rhododendron and azalea leaves peeking out from under melting snow. While we were walking around the gardens, I noticed these little plants, and I used my phonecam to take a picture. Tonight I cropped the image to get the composition I wanted. I don't know what these plants are, but I was impressed by their color, their pattern, and their optimism.

No comments: