Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Passion Flowers


Passion Flowers
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a piece of digital art that I made tonight. When I opened a new document in Painter IX, I didn't have a specific plan. Earlier today I had spent some time matting and framing pastels for my art show next week. I guess all that time spent with rectangles might explain why began this by creating some rectangles within rectangles in black and white. I had a vague idea about filling shapes with patterns to make a digital collage, but by chance I opened the image hose brush, a tool I almost never use. I decided to try it out, and chose the passion flower nozzle. I adjusted the size of the nozzle and put in some individual flowers. I liked the design, so I kept going. Then I added some passion flower leaves, too, in various sizes. This was just an experiment, but I decided that I like it well enough to post.

No comments: