Friday, January 20, 2006

Yellow House Fantasy in Cascais Portugal


Yellow House Fantasy in Cascais Portugal
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Time for another picture from Portugal. This image began as a photo that I took in Cascais, Portugal, during a July visit a few years ago. I loved the sunny streets of Cascais, and was attracted to the yellow house on the corner. I call this a fantasy because it is digitally modified, and I have changed the colors by using Painter IX's digital watercolor. As I decide on colors to apply, I look at the original color and try to intensify it if I can, but then as I get going, I let my imagination take over. But I want to point out that the one color that I have not modified at all is the bright yellow house on the corner. Sometimes the reality of Portugal is more fantastic than than anything I could imagine.

No comments: