Sunday, March 19, 2006

Korean Mystery Picture (Found Art)


Korean Mystery Picture (Found Art)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a piece of found art, based on a photo that Mel took while he was in Korea and sent to me as a multimedia message. He sent a lot of pictures at once, and it was good to get a peek at Korea. But one of the pictures was hard to "read" and very mysterious, with strange shapes and colors. Now that Mel is back home from his latest trip (Australia), I asked him about the mystery photo and he said it is a picture of a park, and he was moving while he took the picture. I wanted a closer look at the photo, so I transferred it to my computer. The image was not salvageable as a "wish you were here" type of photo, but it had some interesting effects in it. I decided to crop it and made three abstract images out of it, and this is the one I like the best.

No comments: