Monday, March 06, 2006

Scene from the Borderlands


Scene from the Borderlands
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Tonight I was looking through my photos and came across this one, a nice memory from the week we spent touring in Scotland two summers ago. I took this photo from the car as we were driving through the Borderlands between England and Scotland, heading west to Stranraer to catch the ferry back to Belfast. The scenery was already amazing, but this view came up suddenly, and just as suddenly I lowered the car window and took the picture. I liked the mill (if that is what it is) and the long row of trees. Tonight I played with the possibility of eliminating the top of the bridge or guard rail that appears at the bottom of the image. But I decided that the image would lose too much in the transaction, and that the diagonal line at the bottom of the photo worked with the diagonal line of the trees. Also, it helps make it clear that the viewer is looking down on the scene below. I think I would like to use this photo as the basis for a painting sometime. . .

No comments: