Saturday, April 15, 2006

Clear View of Casa Velha, Cascais


Clear View of Casa Velha, Cascais
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

It's time for another nice memory of Portugal. Mauro showed me around Cascais when I visited in July of 2004. Cascais is a very lively beach town, with lots of white buildings and colorful flowers. I took pictures of one of the main streets, but sometimes it is better to capture the feel of a place with a closer look. So tonight I cropped this image from one of my photos. I think it communicates a sense of Cascais looks like. Taking photos in the bright sunshine of Cascais was a challenge; I adjusted the contrast, but not too much because the bright light and dark shadows are part of the experience. But after all that, there was a pesky television antenna that was creating a distraction in the background, so I opened the image in Painter IX, and used a little digital airbrush to create a clearer view.

No comments: