Sunday, April 16, 2006

On Boyleston Ave, Boston


On Boyleston Ave, Boston
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a picture I took on a slushy winter day as we were driving down Boyleston Avenue. I always think of Boyleston Avenue during the Boston Marathon (which is tomorrow) because that is where the finish line is. What I like about this image is the juxtaposition of two Boston landmarks, the John Hancock Building and the Boston Public Library. I thought the weather was against me when I took this picture, and you can certainly see its effects in the photo. At first, I defined that as a problem and tried to fix it, but have decided that I kind of like the effect. Anyway, this seems an appropriate image for the Boston Marathon, and for all those runners who carry on, even when it seems that the weather might be against them.

No comments: