Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Electric Bouquet


Electric Bouquet
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

I call these electric flowers because they are made of pixels. This is a piece of digital art that I started on my Clie handheld paint program. I have been getting a "fatal exception" message when I try to synchronize my Clie, and though that only affects the Palm software, still it might be time to look into a new handheld and the new Palm Paint program. But I love my Clie and I hate change. So I am trying out a new cradle to see if that does the trick. We shall see. Meanwhile, while I was sitting at the computer waiting for my Clie's batteries to charge, I decided to finish this little digital sketch. So I opened it in Painter and used digital pastel to add more flowers, clean it up, and use some transparent layers to soften the image. In the midst of my frustration about my handheld, it is good to remember that technology can be a good friend to art; you just have to take the time to get acquainted.

1 comment:

Matthew Bamberg said...

Nice pic!!