Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Newlyweds April 4 1943


Newlyweds April 4 1943
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a picture of my parents, during their honeymoon trip to New York. I found the original image tonight, a small snapshot in my mother's album. (She pasted photographs on black paper and wrote about the pictures in white ink.) I didn't remember seeing this image before, but I liked it immediately. So I scanned the image into the computer. First I restored the black and white image, cleaned it up with digital scratch remover, and rotated the image to straighten it out.. Then I opened it in Painter IX and did a little cut and paste to get rid of a distracting tree trunk. Next, I cropped the image, and saved it as a black and white picture, which I like enough to keep just as it is. Then I created a copy in Painter IX, and used transparent digital watercolor to see if I liked the effect. I decided that I liked it so I kept going, and here is the result. It's a lot of fuss over a snapshot, but I was very happy that I found it!

No comments: