Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Quiet View of Bom Jesus, Braga


A Quiet View of Bom Jesus, Braga
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is the staircase at Bom Jesus, near Braga, Portugal, that I mentioned a few days ago. Recently, I was looking for a good photo of the place, but realized that I only had one photo of the staircase, taken by a friend while Mauro and I stood in front of it. I was so happy to have finally made the trip to Portugal! After I found the photo, I decided to see if I could copy it and use it to create an image with an unobstructed view of the staircase. I opened the copy in Painter IX, did some cut and paste and used a little digital pastel. Then I cropped the image to improve the composition. The original photo is intact, and naturally I will always prefer that image as a wonderful souvenir of my very first trip to Portugal. But still, I had fun practicing some digital sleight of hand, and creating a little disappearing act with Painter IX.

No comments: