Sunday, July 09, 2006

Overlooking Northern Ireland (Giant's Causeway)


Overlooking Northern Ireland (Giant's Causeway)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Today the New York Times travel section featured Northern Ireland, so I decided to take another look at the photos I took while I was there. This one was taken during my trip to Northern Ireland just about this time, summer before last. Mel took me to see the Giant's Causeway, which is probably the most well-known tourist spot in Northern Ireland. (In fact, a lot of tourists aren't aware that they are in Northern Ireland when they are at the Giant's Causeway.) But before showing me the famous rock formations at the shoreline, Mel wanted to show me the view from the top of the cliffs. Now, I like walking, but not hiking, and am not crazy about heights. But it was certainly worth it! This is one of the pictures I took up there, looking down at Giant's Causeway and the Irish Sea. If you get a chance to travel, don't overlook Northern Ireland!

No comments: