Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Portrait in Progress as of July 15


A Portrait in Progress as of July 15
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Today I worked for a bit on my latest portrait. This is still in the very early stages, underpainting with thin layers of paint. Today, I focussed on compositional issues. Because this portrait is one of a set of two paintings, I am trying to make sure that the placement of the figure in this painting will look right when it is next to the other portrait that I already finished. Then I also worked on placement of the facial features, and made some corrections to body position and face shape, without worrying too much about getting a likeness at this point. That will come later (meaning getting a likeness will come later, and so will worrying about it).

No comments: