Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mountains (Digital Sketch)


Mountains (Digital Sketch)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

If you give me a blank piece of paper (or a blank computer screen), it is likely that I will begin to draw mountains. Here is a quick sketch of mountains that I made with Painter IX's digital pastel today. Mountains make me feel at home. This sketch is from my imagination, and these mountains could really be anywhere. I love the mountains of Portugal, and the mountains that I saw in Brazil were beautiful too. The mountains of Scotland are fantastic, and there are some amazing cliffs in Ireland and Northern Ireland. And there are beautiful mountain vistas in New Hampshire and Vermont. But the Rocky Mountains are where I grew up. I feel at home when I see mountains because I grew up looking at them every day, and this drawing looks most like the scenery in the foothills of the the front range in Colorado.

No comments: