Friday, September 22, 2006

Apples for A Sweet Year (Reference Photo for Still Life)


Apples for A Sweet Year (Reference Photo for Still Life)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Last week, I was working on an oil pastel, a still life of apples in basket, and as I worked on it, posted it as a work in progress. Today I used the finished piece in my e-mailed greetings for the Jewish New Year. This is the photo I took of the apples when I started the drawing, because I wanted to have a photo to use as a reference for the still life in case I couldn't get to Red Brick on a sunny day or at the right time for the light. Well, the drawing is finished, and the apples were taken home and have been eaten. But I still like the photo for its own sake, and as a bonus, it provides a little peek into my studio space at Red Brick. I decided to crop the photo and post it here today because it makes a nice image for Rosh Hashona, when everybody eats apples with honey for a sweet year!

No comments: