Monday, September 11, 2006

Twin Towers from Brooklyn Bridge (July 2001) Posterized


Twin Towers from Brooklyn Bridge (July 2001) Posterized
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

In July of 2001, we drove to NYC from Boston for the weekend. We used to go to NYC quite often when we lived in New Jersey, and we wanted to do something different. My cousin suggested we take the subway to Brooklyn and walk back over the Brooklyn Bridge. The view of the New York skyline was great, but of course, I was concentrating on the Brooklyn Bridge. But it turned out that this was really my last look at the NYC skyline with the World Trade Center. It also turned out that a few months later, on September 11th, many people had to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge in the opposite direction to get home. Tonight I found an image of the Twin Towers in a photo Mel took that day, so I cropped this image out of the background. I opened the image in Painter IX and posterized it to soften it just a bit. I'm glad we decided to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, and glad to have a picture of the World Trade Center on a happy day.

No comments: