Monday, October 30, 2006

Autumn Mountain (Step 1)


Autumn Mountain (Step 1)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Here is another small painting I have been working on, a watermedia landscape done in acrylics. When I paint these mountain landscapes, I am usually working on more than one at a time. You have to let things dry in between steps to let the water do what it does. Working on more than one of these paintings at a time keeps me from getting impatient. I work on the next painting while I am waiting for the first one to dry. At the end of the painting session, I like to take a few minutes to start a new painting just before I go home. Then I never have to wonder what to work on when I go back to the studio. Anyway, here is how this little painting looked on the day I started to work on it.

No comments: