Sunday, October 22, 2006

Clothed Figure in the Gallery (Drawing in Progress)


Clothed Figure in the Gallery (Drawing in Progress)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This weekend I went to a figure drawing session at Red Brick. We drew in the gallery, working from a clothed model. This work in progress is one of two drawings I did. Drawing the figure is one of the hardest kinds of drawing, and probably the best exercise to do because it improves everything else you draw or paint. I used to do a lot of figure drawing, and I would like to do more of it on a regular basis. I think this kind of drawing is like going to the gym to lift weights; although you might not see results each time you go, over time you see the investment you have made in yourself. This drawing was done with conte crayon, from a long pose (over 30 minutes). The model sat near the window and I liked the sunlight and shadow on the figure. I took this photo while the drawing was still on the easel. Our model said she wouldn't mind if I posted this on my blog.

No comments: