Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Paper Flowers (Collage in Progress as of October 4)


Paper Flowers (Collage in Progress as of October 4)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This morning I went to Red Brick for a bit. I decided to try to finish up this little collage. Ever since I added the little yellow petals, I have been trying to figure out how to make them fit with the rest of the piece. To get the yellow to show up against the white background, I added dark pink. I also wanted to do something to keep the flowers from floating. I started playing around with paper and scissors without a solution in mind, and this is what I came up with. The cylindrical shape suggests a vase and the color echoes the yellow flowers near the top of the piece. I decided I was satisfied so I signed and photographed it before coating it with acrylic medium. (I thought it would be too wet to photograph well afterward, which turned out to be the case). Now at least I have the digital image, in case it doesn't dry well.

No comments: