Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tree in Late October Rainstorm


Tree in Late October Rainstorm
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

We are having a stormy day, with driving rain and wind. I like to try to photograph rain, but usually don't succeed. This image began as a photo I took with my phonecam. I cropped the image, and then decided the colors looked too faded, so I adjusted the mid-tones and hiked the saturation up a bit. I was planning to use this to make a cloned digital image with Painter's impressionist brush. But I decided not to do that, because I like the image as it is, and because the enlargement and cropping had already created a soft impressionistic effect. I already had what I was after: the way colors look in the rain, the softening effect of the weather, and the bright colors of shiny, wet autumn leaves.

No comments: