Monday, December 25, 2006

Flowers and Vase as of December 18 (Oil Bar Still Life with Glazing


Flowers and Vase as of December 18 (Oil Bar Still Life with Glazing
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Last Monday night was our last oil bar class. Towards the end of the class, the teacher demonstrated using galkyd and wax to glaze oil bar paintings. Because glaze has to go over a dry painting, I decided to try glazes on the painting I did during the very first class. Glazes can add color, so this was great because I was struggling with limited colors that first night. Glazing would let me add some of the colors I saw in the still life, but could not manage to mix in paint. So with only had a few minutes left in the class, I mixed some soft greenish blue with galkyd and used it to color part of the vase and the upper right hand corner of the background. I liked the effect and knew I wanted to do more, but it was time to pack up and go home. To be continued. . .

No comments: