Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Flowers and Vase as of December 21 (Oil Bar Still Life with Glazing)


Flowers and Vase as of December 21 (Oil Bar Still Life with Glazing)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

I started this oil bar painting about six weeks ago at the first session of a class I have been taking at Red Brick. During the final class meeting (December 18th), we had a demo of glazing with galkyd. I only had a short time to try glazing that night, so I added a little blue-green to the vase and background of this painting. But a few days later, I went back to Red Brick and continued glazing on my own, adding some purple to some of the flowers. (Some of the flowers in the still life set up were really red heading towards purple.) I also added some purple to the background. I was having so much fun with this new technique that I decided I had better stop a bit before I glazed everything in sight.

No comments: