Saturday, December 30, 2006

Paper Clock (Collage in Progress Day 2)


Paper Clock (Collage in Progress Day 2)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

When I returned to Red Brick to work on my collage, I concentrated on the clock's face, for which I used paper cut from a coffee filter. As I pieced the circle together from triangles, I liked the effect of the overlapping pieces of paper. The reflection makes it hard to see in the photo, but to suggest the numbers on the dial and the hands of the clock, I used silver ribbon (courtesy of Chico's I think). I worked a bit more on silver body of the clock, and then it was time to stop for the day. The area below the clock is the cardboard that I used for backing (courtesy of Amazon packaging!) I left for home without any idea what I was going to do with that area of the collage. To be continued. . .

No comments: