Friday, December 29, 2006

Paper Clock (Collage in Progress Day 1)


Paper Clock (Collage in Progress Day 1)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is the new collage I started on Tuesday. It is almost time to turn the calendar to 2007, and I was thinking about making an image of a clock. I had a particular clock in mind, a little silver desk clock that I received as a gift several years ago. I took a good look at the clock before I left for Red Brick, and then worked from memory. I cut the shape of the clock out in brown pantone paper, thinking to make a wooden clock. But then I decided to use some silver and brown paper (from a J. Jill shopping bag). I drew a circle for the face of the clock, and pasted the patterned paper around it. Then I started the background with ribbon (also from the same shopping bag) and pink tissue paper that my daughter had saved for me. This is what it looked like at that point. That is as much as I had time to do, but I had done enough to see that the idea might actually work. To be continued. . .

No comments: