Saturday, December 23, 2006

Red Mountains and Field (Oil Bar Landscape as of December 18 rephotographed)


Red Mountains and Field (Oil Bar Landscape as of December 18 rephotographed)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is the painting I was working on in my oil bar class last Monday night. I have not worked on it since then. But I did decide to photograph it again and re-post. At the end of the class, I was in a hurry and took a quick photo with my phonecam, but the paint was so wet that I was getting too much reflection from the overhead lights. A few days later, I went back to Red Brick to work on other projects, and while I was there, photographed this painting again, this time in daylight, to get truer color and a lot less reflection. So this is really how the painting looks at this point. I am going to keep working on it. To be continued. . .

No comments: