Thursday, January 04, 2007

Snowy Branches Through the Window (Posterized)


Snowy Branches Through the Window (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Today seemed like spring, with temperatures over 50 degrees. It is hard to remember that we had a snow storm so recently. This image is a reminder. It started as a photograph that I took with my phone cam, looking out through a window at a branch covered with snow. Tonight I cropped the image to straighten out the window panes, and played with the contrast a bit. Then I opened the image in Painter IX and posterized it, experimenting with levels till I had what I wanted. Then I decided to crop the image again to get the branch in the best position, and discovered that I preferred the image with the window panes off-center.

No comments: