Monday, February 12, 2007

Paper Roses (Collage as of February 12)

Paper Roses (Collage as of February 12) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I went to my studio at Red Brick Art Center, and worked on this collage for a while. I began by adding leaves and stems to the roses, working with paper I had at hand: some pantone paper, and the cover from an old watercolor block. I decided that I needed some darker green for contrast, so I cut some strips from the edges of the pantone paper (samples showing how the color will print with black) and put the pieces down to see how they would look. I decided that I like the geometric effect of these little strips, so I will add more next time. This is how the collage looked when it was time to pack up and go home. To be continued. . . .


No comments: