Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Paper Roses (Collage as of February 7)

Paper Roses (Collage as of February 7) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last week at Red Brick, I finally finished my collage of bright fall leaves. I also went there with an idea for a new one, a bouquet of red roses, but I only had a brief time left to get it started. I had some red and pink paper that my daughter had saved for me, and I decided to make big stylized spirals for the roses. I spent time figuring out how to cut them to get the look I wanted, and then just had time to paste a few down on cardboard. Today I returned to Red Brick and worked some more on this collage. By the time I had a dozen roses pasted down, it was time to pack up and go home. Besides, I couldn't find any green paper for the leaves. To be continued. . .

No comments: