Thursday, March 22, 2007

Looking Up at Balboa Park

Looking Up at Balboa Park Originally uploaded by randubnick

Just yesterday, I was photographing Massachusetts snow scenes, so this picture of sunny San Diego is quite a change! Today north of Boston, the weather is suddenly warm, but not THIS warm. But I have been thinking about my recent trip to San Diego to see my long-time friend from Brazil and her two daughters. For the past few days, I have been editing photos and mailing them to my friends, who will be leaving San Diego and heading back to Brasil next week. My trip out there was very short, and everyone said three days is not enough time to see San Diego! But seeing San Diego was not the point; I went to San Diego to spend time with great friends who are usually half a world away! But in San Diego, we had time to shop and talk and laugh and cook together, and do all those things friends do easily when they live close together. We made the most of the time we had, and I really saw a lot of San Diego after all! Late in the afternoon of my last day in San Diego, we drove through Balboa Park. I loved the ornate buildings and the palm trees against that bright blue sky, so I took a picture. It's a nice souvenir of San Diego, but even better, it is a memory of spending time with friends.

No comments: