Friday, March 23, 2007

Transformational Drawing Set 2 Number 2

Transformational Drawing Set 2 Number 2

This is a drawing I made yesterday morning at Red Brick. It is one of a series of nine small drawings made on nine pieces of an old painting of mine that I cut up. The original painting was the beginnings of a landscape inspired by the Colorado mountains. And in this little drawing, you can see part of the original painting in the vertical bar on the right-hand side. I draw the vertical and horizontal lines with pencil and T-square, and then draw into the image with conte crayon. I have had a lot of fun making these little drawings, and have pinned them up on the wall of my studio so I can see how they look together. The number refers to the position of the piece of paper in the original painting, but this is the seventh drawing I have done in this series. Just two more to go. . . .

No comments: