Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring Snow on the Hedge (Posterized Photo)

Spring Snow on the Hedge (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

We have had several days of warm weather (which north of Boston can mean anything above freezing), but the temperature has actually been in the fifties recently! But last night it started to snow around 10 pm, and it was a beautiful snow, with big, soft flakes. This morning I took some pictures with my phonecam because it was already getting warm (not freezing, I mean to say), and I knew the snow would disappear quickly. I was right (so no shoveling required!) Tonight I cropped this image from one of those photos, and decided to try posterizing it using Painter IX. I liked the effect because the posterizing shows off the texture of the heavy spring snow that coated the branches like frosting.

No comments: