Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Daffodils on the Counter (Posterized Photo)

Daffodils on the Counter (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here north of Boston, the temperature is dropping again, but now it is officially spring. And no, the daffodils aren't blooming yet. But you do see them in grocery stores for weeks before they actually appear in the garden. This image began as another photo that I took with my late/great old phonecam, in mid-March of last year to be exact, but I recently used Painter IX to posterize the soft image of the daffodils. I guess you could say these are last year's daffodils, but does it matter? Wordsworth wrote about the staying power of remembered beauty in his poem about daffodils. (If you want to read the whole poem, it is called "I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud," the title of which I confess made us all collapse with laughter in high school English class.) Nonetheless, I really like what Wordsworth said about the daffodils he remembered:

"They flash upon that inward eye/Which is the bliss of solitude; /And then my heart with pleasure fills,/And dances with the daffodils."

No comments: