Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pear by the Stove (Digitally Edited Photo)

Pear by the Stove (Digitally Edited Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Sometimes I buy fruit because it is in season, or on sale, or required for a recipe. But sometimes I buy fruit because I love the way it looks. The other day I bought some Bartlett pears (yes, they are nutritious and were on sale). But I picked this particular pear out of the heap because of its beautiful color. It is gone now. (I ate it.) But not before before I took some photos of it with my phonecam. Tonight I cropped the photo to get it ready to post, and noticed a very faint purple ring on the counter. (Probably from a glass of grape juice or a jar of red horseradish, easily cleaned up with a little bleach in real life, but I was stuck with it in the photo and had already eaten the pear.) So I opened the image in Painter IX and cleaned up the image with digital airbrush. Although I have digitally enhanced my kitchen counter in this photo, I didn't do a thing to change this gorgeous pear.

No comments: