Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dahlias at Farmstand


Dahlias at Farmstand Originally uploaded by randubnick

I took this photo today at Meadowbrook Farms. I always get hungry seeing the beautiful fruit, vegetables, pies, and cookies in the local farmstands. But farmstands also offer a feast for the eyes! Today, carts filled with flowers were all around the outside of the store. Naturally, I took out my phonecam and started taking pictures. This is one of the photos, cropped for the composition I wanted. Once I had cropped the photo, I noticed a little mark on a leaf, in the perfect position to create a distraction. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used a little digital pastel to make the mark disappear. Now there is nothing to distract the eye from the soft light on the petals of the pale pink dahlias.

No comments: