Monday, April 30, 2007

Vase with Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 5)

Vase with Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 5) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I went to Red Brick to work on this painting, and this is how it looked when I was ready to pack up and go home. (It is shiny because it was still wet when I photographed it.) I only had an hour available to work on this today, so I concentrated on the background. I made the color darker, moving it towards a brick red. I will work on the leaves next, especially if I get lucky and have a sunny day. Painting with oil bars is still quite a struggle, like trying to create an image with peanut butter and a butter knife. But I am really enjoying this and trying to learn as much as I can. To be continued. . .

No comments: