Monday, May 21, 2007

Deep Purple Lilacs (Digitally Edited Photo)

Deep Purple Lilacs (Digitally Edited Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning, I took a walk around the neighborhood and came across some really beautiful lilac bushes, one with pale lilac blossoms, and the other with deep purple flowers. I took lots of pictures of both kinds of lilacs. I was hoping to post the picture of the deep purple lilacs because they are so unusual. But when I was getting ready to post the photo, I noticed that some of the lilac leaves had been nibbled on by bugs with no aesthetic sensibility. I tried to crop out the problem, but that not only ruined the composition, but also threw the flowers out of focus. So I opened the image in Painter IX and used a little digital pastel to repair the leaves, and here it is.

No comments: