Sunday, May 20, 2007

Salt Marsh Seen from Castle Hill (Digitally Edited Photo)


Salt Marsh Seen from Castle Hill (Digitally Edited Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last Sunday, on the way to the Mother's Day Tea at Castle Hill, I tried to take some pictures of countryside as we drove toward the Great House, but didn't have much opportunity. But tonight I was looking at some photos that I took a few summers ago, when my daughter and I walked around the Castle Hill Estate. It was August and the sky was overcast. I found this image among the photos I took that day. I liked the composition, but there were some scraggly old bare branches hanging down in the middle of the photo. I tried cropping the image, but it changed the composition too much. So I opened the picture in Painter IX and did a little digital tree-trimming with digital pastel.

No comments: