Thursday, June 07, 2007

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 11)

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 11) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning, I spent a little time at Red Brick. I had to go there to pick up some paintings so I could drop them off for framing, and then took about 10 minutes to restore the studio to its natural state as a workspace, after Open Studios. But to me, going to the studio and not making any art is like going to Baskin Robbins and not having any ice cream. So while I was there, I decided to take just about half an hour to work on this painting, which was all the time I could spare today. I focussed on the tablecloth, adding a little light and shadow, and trying to work out how to suggest drapery with oil bars. I was happy to be painting, even for such a short time. To be continued. . . .

No comments: