Saturday, June 16, 2007

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 13)

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 13) Originally posted by randubnick

This morning I went over to Red Brick to work on this painting for a while. I am still working on the tablecloth. For reference, I used the photograph of the original still life setup that I taped on the wall last week. Today's goal was to get the folds of cloth to make sense in the painting, so I looked very hard at the shadows and highlights in the photograph. I began by working with a palette knife, but ended up applying paint with my fingertips. Although I didn't get to finish, I think this shapes in the tablecloth are getting better. However, once that part is finished, I will need to bring the color of the tablecloth back to a dark pink. To be continued. . . .

No comments: