Monday, June 18, 2007

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 14)

Vase of Purple and White Freesia (Oil Bar Painting Day 14) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning I went to the studio at Red Brick and worked on this painting for an hour. First, I worked on the tablecloth, trying to even out the color while still showing highlights and shadows. The tablecloth still needs a little work, and I can already see some changes I want to make in the drapery. But I am happier with the color. I also added more purple tones to the brick, to add contrast with the tablecloth, and to add texture. I also added some white to some of the flowers and to the vase. There are some reflections in this photo because the painting was still wet when I took this picture. To be continued. . . .

No comments: