Monday, July 02, 2007

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 2) Closeup

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 2) Closeup Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I went to Red Brick to work on this collage for an hour. I knew I wanted to make a vase, but it took some experimenting to figure out what shape of vase I wanted. Then I added blue to indicate the table (or tablecloth). For both the vase and the tablecloth, I used different patterns of the same three-inch wide metalic ribbon. This is what the collage looked like at the end of the hour, although I have cropped the image to eliminate the raw styrofoam backing. The basic composition is coming together in terms of shapes. I can't say the same for the color at this point, because the bright colors of the vase and tabletop are overwhelming the subtler colors of the roses. However, I plan to modify the colors of the vase and table to make them more muted, so that the roses remain the center of attention. To be continued. . . .

No comments: