Sunday, July 01, 2007

Butterfly in the Doorway

Butterfly in the Doorway (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I took this picture a few days ago with my phonecam. It was a day full of errands, running around town, going in and out of doorways to get things done. And all of a sudden, a butterfly flew right in front of me and landed on the doorpost of the door I was about to open. I almost laughed with surprise. The butterfly was beautiful and it made me stop whatever I was so busy doing and look, a minor miracle on a day like that. I loved the pattern of the butterfly's wings contrasted with the texture on the doorpost, so I decided to see if the butterfly would let me take a picture. I slowly slipped my phonecam out and quietly took two pictures without frightening the butterfly away. Tonight I cropped the best of the two photos, and adjusted the contrast, and then used some digital airbrush in Painter IX to tone down some distracting marks on the doorpost. This picture is a souvenir of a little moment of peace that interrupted a very hectic day.

No comments: