Monday, August 27, 2007

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Aug. 27)

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Aug. 27) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I went to Red Brick and worked on the back of this tray. (I made a collaged image of roses on the front of the tray, made out of ribbons printed with metallic patterns.) The base of the piece is a styrofoam tray, from the produce section of the grocery store. I am making a design on the back of the tray, a geometric collage, using the ribbons. The center gold rectangle in the middle is finished. The rest of the design will have two areas filled with pink floral pattern (top and bottom), and two areas filled with red paisley pattern (left and right). Today I worked on establishing clear dividing lines between the red areas and the pink areas. The color shift is subtle, so I used definitively pink and definitively red pieces for contrast. Now the pattern is beginning to appear. . . .

No comments: