Thursday, August 09, 2007

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 12)

Ribbon Roses (Collage Day 12) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning I went to Red Brick and worked on this collage, making the narrow gold border around the edge. At first it was slow and I really had to make myself keep going. This part of the project is very frustrating! At first, none of the pieces of gold ribbon would stick to the styrofoam base. Then I thought I was going to run out of the gold patterned ribbon I am using. I tried some other colors, include a pink-rose color (which I liked and may use more of) but really wanted more of the gold ribbon. Just in time, I found a few more pieces, enough to finish this border. By the time I needed to pack up to go home, I had managed to put a gold rim almost all the way around the edge. Just a little bit more to go. . . I like the way the gold border looks, so now I am glad I didn't give up!

No comments: