Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Pink Mums (Posterized Photo)


Pink Mums (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today, while I was out running errands, I noticed a display of mums in front of the grocery store. I especially liked the pink mums, so I took some pictures with my phonecam. The original version of this photo had the best composition, but the focus wasn't sharp enough. So I decided to open it in Painter IX. I tried sharpening the focus, but I didn't like the result. Instead, I posterized it, adjusting the levels till I had what I wanted. At the last minute, I noticed that part of a supermarket label, complete with bar code, was visible through the leaves. I could have just cropped it out of the image, but I really liked the composition as it was (just as it came out of the camera). So instead, I used some digital pastel to make the label disappear, and here is the result.

No comments: