Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 27)

Ribbon Roses Collage, Back (Sept. 27) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I have been trying to finish this collage design, which is on the back of a tray. This is made of printed ribbon pasted over styrofoam, with a second collage on the front of the tray showing three roses in a vase. Today I went to Red Brick and finally completed the back, bringing the border all the way around the sides. Although there is some cleanup to do, all the surfaces are covered and the design is basically there. So this is the last time I will post this view of the tray (I can hear the cheers and the sighs of relief), but not so fast; tomorrow I am going to post a closeup of the border. I don't know if I would have started this project if I had known how long it would take or how hard it would be. But still, I am glad I did because I have never made anything quite like this before in terms of style and technique. Apart from the glue (acrylic medium), this is made entirely from discarded materials (styrofoam tray from the produce section of the grocery store and ribbons that a friend was giving away).

No comments: